Cauliflowers are one of those veggies that find its way in almost every dish we make. It can be eaten raw, boiled, roasted, fried or even added to a soup! It is one of the most versatile veggies and also stuffed with nutritive goodness! Of course, we have all come across several recipes when it comes to cauliflower. But, satisfying your cravings for cauliflower every other day without repeating the same recipes ain't no crime! Especially when deep frying becomes part of the recipe! Hence, here we are, with a simple yet delicious deep-fried dish, Cauliflower 65!
Besan/Gram flour - 2 Tbsp
Maida/All purpose flour - 2 Tbsp
Corn flour - 1 ½ Tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp
Chilli powder - 2 Tsp
Salt to taste
A pinch of Coloring agent (Kesar powder)
Ginger & garlic paste - 1/2 Tsp
Juice of 1 Lemon
1. Soak the Cauliflower florets in hot water for 2 minutes and strain it.
Making the batter:
2. In a bowl, add some besan/gram flour, maida/all-purpose flour and corn flour.
3. Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, a pinch of colouring agent (kesar powder) and ginger-garlic paste. Mix well.
4. Start adding water gradually and mix till you get a thick paste consistency.
5. Now add the juice of 1 Lemon and mix it well.
Note: Batter should not be runny. It should be having a dropping consistency as shown
6. Add the cauliflower florets to the batter bowl and coat it well.
7. Leave it for 10 minutes.
8. Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
9. Gently drop the coated cauliflower florets into the pan.
10. Fry them until they turn brown in colour.
11. Remove the florets from the pan and strain the excess oil.
12. Your Cauliflower 65 is ready to be served!
Visit our website – http://www.21frames.in/homecooking
Follow us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow/
Follow us on Twitter – https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to us on YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com